As you know, we have been closed since March 21st to help slow down the spread of COVID-19. Being part of the Agricultural Industry and deemed an essential business, we have decided to re-open on April 14. We know how important your gardens are to you not only for food production but for your sanity as well. We are committed in helping you with your gardening needs during this difficult time.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and in order to help keep everyone safe, we are implementing the following guidelines until business can get back to normal.
1. We will be working reduced hours during the month of April and possibly May. Our new adjusted hours are as follows:
OPEN: 9 AM to 4 PM - Tuesday through Saturday CLOSED: SUNDAY AND MONDAY
2. We are asking all of our customers to follow the CDC guidelines and maintain social distancing. Our nursery is very open and should easily allow for you to maintain space between customers. We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the salesroom at any given time and ask that you pay with a credit/debit card when possible.
3. While we love to help you with all of your gardening needs, we cannot do that in person for the time being. Yes, this will be hard for us to not be hands on and help you since we love to serve our customers. For the time being, think of us a place to get your essential items – vegetables, flowers, fertilizers, soils, etc. Feel free to shop and gather what you need. We just won’t be able to help you with all of your decisions.
4. If you do not want to come into the nursery, you can order your plants/products via email at email@example.com or call us at 707-642-4167 or 707-642-1347. Please be patient with us as we may be working with limited staff and not all of our vendors are open for business.
5. If you have gardening questions, we ask that you email us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer them as quickly as we can. Please include pictures of the plants that you have questions about.
6. If you are doing a landscape job or planting shrubs in your yard, please email us your plant list and contact info to email@example.com or drop off your list at the nursery. We will not be able to spend time in person helping you at this point, but can help you via email or by phone. We will assemble your order and will let you know when it is available for pickup or delivery.
7. To help keep you safe, we will continue to frequently wipe down carts and high-contact surfaces. Our cashiers will be wearing gloves, and all of our employees will follow the CDC guidelines of washing their hands frequently and avoiding contact with you as much as possible. We will still load your heavy items and soils unless you do not want us to do so.
8. Our restroom will be closed to the public and will only be available for our staff.
9. If you are sick or don’t feel well, please stay at home and wait until you are better to come visit us or have us deliver your items to you. There will be plenty of time to plant your vegetables.
We appreciate your patience through this difficult time, and we hope we can bring a little joy to you as you work in your garden. Stay safe!!